Site Security: Sentree’s Got You Covered
Of course, when we talk about site security, we’ve got you covered. With 24-hour website monitoring, SSL certificates, security updates, web application firewall, malware scanning, backups, and a team of experts to help you, your site is locked down tighter than the pumpkin pie your mom made the night before Thanksgiving.
That’s because Sentree takes our responsibility seriously. When we tell you we do everything we can to keep your site secure, we mean it. We deploy updates in staging before we push them live. We set firewalls so that if anything tries to access (or attack) your site, they will be stopped before they cause any issues. We take security very, very seriously.
But, there are still things you can do to protect your site, too.
How You Can Help
Here are some steps you can take to help keep your site secure:
- Use secure passwords. Don’t use your dog’s name, your mother’s maiden name, or even a combination of the two. Using random letters, numbers and symbols make it harder for anyone to guess, and a longer password is better than a shorter password.
- Don’t use the same password for more than one account.
- Don’t write down your password and leave it for someone else to find. Use a password keeper like 1Password or LastPass to help keep all of your passwords secure.
- Log out of your site every time you’re done with it. This decreases the chances of someone else with access to your computer making any mistakes in your site.
- Don’t access your dashboard over public Wi-Fi. If you’re in a coffee shop, use your hotspot, cell phone, or even better, a VPN, to log in to your website.
- Limit who has access. If they don’t need to log in to your site, don’t make them a user. If they no longer need access, remove them.
- Limit the access that your users have. If a contributor will be creating posts, make them an Author or Editor. Take advantage of the built-in WordPress user levels to make sure that your users only have access to what they need. There should be very few users who have admin access.
Treat your site like an expensive car. Don’t leave it unlocked, with the windows down, and the keys on the front seat. Take appropriate measures to make sure that your treasures are safe and secure.
We’ll take care of the rest.
For more information on Sentree Managed Hosting, visit our Hosting Plans Page.