Security is key for your website. For this reason, we include a Web Application Firewall (WAF) for every website we manage or host. This will help prevent hackers from breaking into your site, often to add malware or spam. Contrary to popular belief, hackers do not merely target large or popular websites. Gaining access to your website gives hackers the ability to use it to attack and infect other websites, so even if you have a relatively obscure site, they may still try to break in. The web is – well, a web – and hackers use this to their advantage, crossing from one site to another once they get inside.
Basic WordPress Web Application Firewall
For any WordPress site we host or manage, we include a premium Web Application Firewall designed specifically for WordPress. This software includes:
- Rules to stop hackers who are trying to leverage software vulnerabilities on your website, even before the vulnerability is detected and patched
- A block for repeated attempts to guess your admin username and passwords (known as brute force attacks)
- The ability to block all users from specific countries from which attacks may be originating, but from which no valid visitors are originating
- The ability to add extra security to your WordPress login by requiring that you enter a code sent to your cell phone in order to login
- Advanced SPAM filter to reduce the amount of SPAM comments generated on your website